September 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Rooney:
As you know I am a Veteran that deployed to Iraq, and I have been struggling with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI). The effects of the PTSD and mTBI have essentially caused problems; not allowing me to function correctly. I struggle with not being able to sleep, cognitive thinking, and even not being able to function correctly. Although, the mental diagnoses are my main problem, I also deal with the physical as well. To include but not limited to mild scoliosis, impingements in my left and right shoulders, hip dysplasia, migraines, and the beginning stages of arthritis.
My doctors have prescribed me medication that I feel causes more harm to my body rather than fixing the problems. However, since I have been receiving treatment from the S.O.S program at the Pikes Peak Hyperbaric I have noticed improvements in my health. I have been able to get more sleep than normal, I am able to understand material and retain the information better, and overall I feel like I have more energy. I have been able to taper down my medication and I have the hope to one day be completely off my medications and letting my body heal naturally. I truly believe in the S.O.S. program and I believe that for combat Veterans that struggle with PTSD and TBI like me will benefit from treatments. I look forward to seeing the end results for after my treatments at the Pikes Peak Hyperbaric; S.O.S. program. I know it will be nothing short of impressive. I appreciate your belief, in that the human body can heal itself naturally with the right resources.
I would like to thank you for your dedication and support of wounded Veterans that come home from the war. Mr. Rooney, in my eyes you are our hero and a great individual. You and your staff are truly appreciated!
Jacque L. Hobbs
Jacque L. Hobbs U.S. Army (Ret.)
To learn more about our Savor Our Soldiers "SOS" Program, please go to: Save Our Soldiers Program Information
Hello friends and hyperbaric enthusiasts! We are now well into a new year and I am delighted to be celebrating my first year as a member of the Pikes Peak Hyperbaric team. Like most people, when I first came onboard with Jesse and Ric, I had somewhat limited knowledge about hyperbaric therapy and the potential it has for healing. I found the idea fascinating: reduce inflammation and deliver oxygen to damaged tissues to heal and repair them. It’s so simple and makes perfect sense. After all, oxygen is the key element to our growth and survival. Even so, I was somewhat skeptical of how such a simple concept could truly make a profound improvement in such a vast range of conditions. In the past twelve months I have learned much and met many remarkable people who have made my initial uncertainty disappear.
During the last year I have worked with a diverse group of people, from young children to professional athletes seeking to treat conditions ranging from anti-aging and depression to autism, strokes and cancer. The thing that all our clients had in common was that no matter the reason they came to see us, the majority of them noticed some sort of improvement in their condition.
I have had the privilege of witnessing autistic children begin to develop awareness and personality, people who suffered from sudden deafness regain their hearing, and stroke patients reclaim their mobility and independence. I have personally felt the benefits of HBOT boosting my energy levels and improving my mental awareness. All these small miracles have been more than enough proof for me that HBOT is the real deal. My experience here has been nothing short of inspiring. I feel blessed to come to work at a place where I can be confident that what we are doing is truly making a positive difference in the health of so many people.
For those of you who are still on the fence about whether HBOT is a legitimate therapy, I encourage you to take a leap of faith and try your first session. The first session is also free, no strings attached! See for yourself how HBOT can benefit you. I can’t wait to see how many people we will help in 2013!
Jessica Mobeck, Office Manager
See for yourself what Mild Hyperbaric Therapy can do for you. Call us at 866-674-6070 or visit www.PPHcolorado.com to schedule your first free session!
What’s new(s) at Pikes Peak Hyperbaric?
1) Going back to original pricing structure
2) Hbot gaining attention for PTSD
3) First Hbot/ASEA study for children with mitochondrial disease
4) Call in number for Wednesday evening Q&A
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving holiday and didn’t eat too much turkey and pumpkin pie! It’s been a while since we updated everyone on events here at Pikes Peak Hyperbaric so here’s what’s going on;
1) On December 1, 2012 we’ll be going back to our original 25/50 membership pricing structure ($25.00 monthly membership, which allows you to purchase as many sessions as you'd like for just $50.00 per session). When we decided to try and lower our pricing to our current 30/30 plan we knew we’d have to significantly increase the number of memberships to make up for the lower session price. Unfortunately, with the state of our economy and the Waldo Canyon fire which brought the Colorado Springs economy to it’s knees in June and July, we have not been able to get to the level we had targeted. Long term, a $30.00 hourly session price is economically unfeasible without a significant membership base. We hope you understand our reasons for the price change. With that being said, please know that our $50.00 session price is still the best price in Colorado!
Now here’s the good news. We will grandfather anyone currently on the 30/30 pricing plan for as long as his or her membership remains active. And if anyone signs up for a membership before December 1, 2012, we will also honor the current 30/30 pricing plan. So if you plan on coming back, now would be the time to do it!
2) We’ve known it for a while now with first hand experience with soldiers in our SOS (Save Our Soldiers) program. Now the mainstream media is starting to write about it: hyperbaric oxygen therapy is being studied as a treatment for soldiers returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan that have been diagnosed with PTSD symptoms. In the past few months I’ve seen a couple of stories about hbot as a treatment for these debilitating injuries. The hbot community has been advocating hyperbaric oxygen therapy for years as a safe, non-invasive and effective treatment in helping soldiers recover from both PTSD and TBI. Hopefully we’re reaching a tipping point where the government will finally approve hbot to help these injured soldiers who have sacrificed so much for their country.
3) I’ve talked before about ASEA, the biotech product that we’re incorporating more and more into our hyperbaric protocols. I’ve had nearly a year of experience with it now and am more convinced then ever about it’s efficacy and synergistic benefits when combined with hbot.
ASEA is the world’s first and only redox signaling product and is heavily patented. Now, no one has any idea what redox signaling molecules are initially and why they’re so critically important to our health but you’ll just have to trust me on this. If I steered you right on the benefits of hyperbaric oxygen therapy for your health, the power of this ASEA product is right up there with it.
The research on ASEA is becoming so compelling that I am excited to announce that this week we’ll be starting the first patient study combining Hbot and ASEA for a child diagnosed with mitochondrial disease. This disease is a killer and until hbot, was almost always a death sentence by the age of 3.
Dr. Zachary Bush will supervise the study. I met Dr. Bush at the recent ASEA convention in Orlando where I discovered that he had a special area of interest: mitochondrial function. He is also one of the growing ranks of professionals that are bringing ASEA into their medical practice. That should tell you something.
The mito patient is currently undergoing hbot treatment at the Hyperbaric Therapy Center in Cuming, Georgia, which is operated by our mentor, Bill Schindler. I got the call from Bill two weeks ago about his mito child, Vincent. Vincent is a unique mito case; he is 33 inches tall and weighs just 24 pounds…and is 21 years old. That he is still alive is a miracle in itself but has come at a terrible price. Aside from his physical features, Vincent can neither speak nor walk and suffers almost daily seizures. His mother is an incredibly devoted woman who has taken care of Vincent his entire life.
If you’d like a little more detail on why we think ASEA may help Vincent, you can go to a special Facebook page I have set up that deals with the ASEA product and the work we’re doing. At the Facebook website just type in ‘ASEA-Alternative Healing’ and like the page and you’ll be kept updated on our progress.
ASEA is a product that wasn’t even available when we started our hyperbaric business. If people really understood the ramifications of now being able to supplement our bodies with redox signaling molecules back to our adolescent levels and what that means just from an anti-aging perspective alone, people would be gulping down the product (like I am) and would never stop (as I won’t).
Put two twins side by side, one taking ASEA daily at the recommended level (4 ounces) for ten years. Doing any objective measurement you want (oxidative stress, free radical damage, skin texture/tone) you’d find the ASEA supplemented twin would test out biologically younger then his/her sibling. Combined with hbot, these two therapies are bringing us one step closer to that mythical fountain of youth goal. The goal is not just to live longer but also to live BETTER, longer.
4) I’m getting enough interest about ASEA that I’ve set up a conference number and time that I will be available to answer questions. I thought that would be the easiest and most convenient way to connect with our clients. Every Wednesday evening at 7 PM Mountain Time, if you call in to 559 726-1200 and then put in the access code 624490 followed by the pound sign (#), you’ll find me on the other end. I’ll wait 10 to 15 minutes and if there are no callers for that week, I’ll just be back the following Wednesday.
That’s it for now. If I don’t write before, Jesse and I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
The Pikes Peak Hyperbaric Family
A big congrats from the Pikes Peak Hyperbaric family to our good friend and client, Phil Heath on his latest win and title defense at the 2012 Mr. Olympia competition this past weekend. He is a true champion and an ever better person than bodybuilder. Way to represent Colorado Phil!!
Our apologies for not having sent an update the last couple of months but we have been active with our SOS program. We brought Ben back in for a second round of treatment. Ben is the medically retired Colorado Springs police officer who was in a car accident and suffered a TBI that ended his career. He was suffering from severe migraines, which sometimes led to vision problems during one of these episodes. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy was a Godsend for him and almost totally alleviated his migraines during the course of his 40-treatment block. We had hoped that the initial round of treatment would be all that he needed but about a month after his last session Ben once again suffered a debilitating migraine while he was driving. He pulled over and called me and we brought him straight into the clinic and into a chamber. In just two sessions the pain was completely gone and Ben is once again doing much better. We’re trying a 3X/week/90 minute protocol this time and hope this second round will do the trick. Ben once again has asked me to thank all of you who are making this treatment possible for him. His goal is to eventually buy a hyperbaric chamber to use at home as he says nothing has helped relieve his migraine pain like hbot.
In addition we are still treating Kyle, our first active duty soldier. Kyle has been sent on a couple of short-term deployments, which has interrupted his treatments. Much like Ben, Kyle was suffering and dealing with migraines due to a TBI suffered during a deployment when his vehicle was hit by a roadside bomb. Kyle has experienced the same relief from his migraines during the course of his hbot sessions. Hopefully we’ll get Kyle his full 40 treatments before he has to leave again. Both of these men are good people who have served both this community and this country with distinction and honor. It’s a privilege to be able to do something to say ‘thank you’ to them both and I thank you for helping Pikes Peak Hyperbaric make it possible to do so.
We could still use a few more sponsors so if you know anyone who would like to help, please let me know and I’d be happy to give them a call and tell them about SOS.
Until Next Time,
Ric Rooney Pikes Peak Hyperbaric
4310 Austin Bluffs Parkway (Inside Sun Spot Atlantis) Colorado Springs,
CO 80918 866-674-6070